Thursday, March 13, 2008

Easy Easy Easy Dinner

Well, as we are preparing for Passover we are busy trying to use up everything in the pantry and freezer.

Generally speaking I try and think about what I will make for dinner the night before so I can pull something from the freezer if I need to....

Monday night I had pulled out some chicken legs/thighs - but then remembered that we were going to see Othello Tuesday night, so the chicken would have to wait... And of course Wednesday got really crazy. But, here is a great tasting crispy chicken recipe.

Roasted chicken parts (I used legs and thighs... breasts may cook a bit faster).

4 chicken leg/thigh quarters
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
1-2 tsp italian seasoning
pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Put chicken on roasting sheet/tray covered with aluminum foil (easier to clean up this way).
3. Brush some of the olive oil (or Pam, whatever...) onto the foil so the chicken doesn't stick.
4. Place chicken skin side down on the foil and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs and salt/pepper. (don't forget to "crush" up the seasoning in your hand to release the aroma... or something like that. This is what my dad always does, so I do it too.)
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Turn chicken over skin side up. Bake for another 20 minutes until cooked through and skin is golden brown.
7. Enjoy!

If you are wondering what I served with the chicken, I had some leftover grapes (you know - those 20 or so loose ones in the bottom of the bag...), chopped up some apples and fennel and tossed it with some red wine vinegar, a bit of honey and olive oil - I then added about 1 cup of spinach (because I like it!). The kids ate the apples/fennel and grapes - Jay and I ate the rest...

YUM!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crushing the dried spices releases the essential oils that are in the herbs and that in turn releases the flavor and aroma.