Monday, March 24, 2008

Almost the end of March

Well, it has been a bit crazy at work - and Jay and I were gone last weekend for Purim... more about that weekend another time.... But a quickie recipe before I sign off...

For tomorrow, I plan on making London Broil (I had taken it out for dinner - but Jay had the kids and didn't "know" how to make London Broil)... here is the marinade you can use overnight, then when you are ready to make the LB, take out of the marinade and either throw on the grill for about 8-10 minutes per side (depending on thickness and how well you like your meat) - or under the broiler...YUM!

Basic marinated London Broil #1
3-5 lb London Broil
1/2 cup olive oil
2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tbsp five spice blend (I used one that had different kinds of pepper and allspice)
pinch of hot pepper (just for a bit o' kick)

1. Mix all marinade ingredients in bowl or plastic bag (I tend to just throw everything in a plastic bag, smoosh it together, then put the meat in and push the air out, then seal the bag.)

2. Put meat in marinade overnight.

3. Grill or broil

Note: there is no salt because I use regular soy sauce, which has quite a bit of salt in it already. Taste the marinade before putting the meat in to adjust spices. Also, you can leave the LB in for an additional day if you don't have time to make it, but I have found that 1-2 days max is best.

Enjoy!

No comments: