So last week I had pulled out what I thought was chicken from the freezer - defrosted it - and low and behold - it was 1/2 a turkey breast on the bone!
Oh what to do!!!
This came out absolutely moist and delicious - so easy - and all loved it! I served with rice and a salad.
Orange Scented Roast Turkey Breast
1/2 turkey breast - about 3 lbs.
1 orange - cut into quarters
1 yellow onion - sliced
2-3 tbsp margarine
2 tsp poultry seasoning
orange zest from 1/2 orange
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
kosher salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mash poultry seasoning into margarine in a small bowl so
it is well mixed in. Also mash in the orange zest.
3. Put onions and orange quarters on the bottom of a heavy casserole/roasting pan.
4. Put turkey breast on top of onions/oranges and spread the margarine mixture all over the top of the breast and skin. Rub some under the skin if you can.
5. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
6. Cover casserole and place in oven. Roast turkey for about 45 minutes. At 45 minutes, remove from oven, put in chicken stock and raise temperature to 400 degrees. Do not put cover back on. Cook about 30-45 minutes more, basting about every 15 minutes, or until thermometer reads 180.