Sunday, January 3, 2010

Easy peanut butter cookies

So a couple of things.

First of all - Happy New Year!  I hope that everyone's year is filled with health, happiness, peace and good eating!

Second - I apologize for not keeping up with the blog.  I have been doing lots of cooking, but life has interfered with my writing stuff down.  My goal for this year is to put a new recipe/post up at least once a week.

Third - for those that have been reading and commenting on my blog - Thank You!  I am supposed to receive notification when someone e-mails and for some reason have not been notified.  I realized just the other day as  I was going through past posts that people other than my dad are reading this blog!

So - welcome to all!

Back to the post at hand.  I am not much of a baker, as many of you are aware.  However, I was recently provided with a wonderful peanut butter cookie recipe that is so easy I had to share.  The kids helped make the cookies and decorated them with sprinkles.  You can certainly add a cup of chocolate chips/chopped nuts/ etc.  The recipe will hold up.

Are you ready?

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of sugar
1 egg

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix everything together until blended well (if you are adding chocolate chips/etc. do it now)
3. Drop in one teaspoon balls onto cookie/baking sheet (you do not need to butter the sheet)
2. Bake for 30 minutes.

Yes.  That easy - and they are pretty tasty too.  Very peanuty!  Enjoy!

No comments: