Friday, October 24, 2008

Bagels, Cream Cheese and a Dose of Guilt

Well, I was waiting for it. I knew it would happen sometime. And it did. Last night, my son asked me why I was not a "mommy helper" in his kindergarten class. And, by the way "Mommy, you need to be a mommy helper so you can come with me on field trips like the pumpkin farm - you missed it."

WAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

Of course, I told him that not all mommies get to go on field trips, but I would go on one during the year. That made him feel better for the moment (after having apparently quite the bad afternoon with our babysitter - he also lost one of the gourds he found that was shaped like his initial, so this was not a good thing).

In the meantime, work has been crazy. So, last night, if anyone is wondering... mini whole wheat bagels with cream cheese, a couple of cut up apples, and we called it a night!

Thank goodness it is Friday. I will be doing a lot of cooking tonight and tomorrow so hubby has some nutritious meals to serve to the kids while I am at the Public Health conference in San Diego.

(Sorry no recipe this morning... I will post the other night's lamb recipe later!)

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Seriously, is that a boy thing? My godson, now 13, did that to his mom. My daughter? She won't even let me look at her at a party. I guess we'll see what the princess does when she gets to kindergarten.

Dani L said...

I have no idea - I am guessing the little one will be completely different - probably will want me to not have ANYTHING to do with her by the time she is 5....

All I know is that he has brought it up a couple of other times - AND when he was on the phone with my parents telling them about school this week, he mentioned it again. Oh Boy.